Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tag... I'm it! Around the blogging world in 80 clicks...

I have been tagged by little m's mom, at good but hard, in a sort of blogging chain letter fashion, to share my perspective on 5 things I love about being a mom. In teacher fashion, I will share my 5 via an acrostic of Lucas.


5 things I LOVE about being Lucas's mom

Love - Lucas has taught me to love like I've never loved before. It's an incredible, intense sort of love that I never knew existed bc (before children). Just seeing him, just thinking about him makes my heart expand and fill up with incredible amounts of joy.

Unabashed excitement - even if I leave the room for a short time, when I return, he makes his "excited" noise, like I've been gone for hours. That excitement is even better when I have been gone for hours! He gets a huge grin, giggles and sprawls to me. I guess I'm pretty special to him too...

Cuddling - My fondest memories from when he was an infant were cuddling. Luckily, he hasn't given that up. A few times a day, often when he's sleepy, but also when he just wants to check in, Lucas crawls over to me and wants to sit in my lap and cuddle. It doesn't get much better than that.

Advocate - I love being his advocate, knowing that I will fight for him to have the best health care, the best education, and the best life he can possibly have. I will never stop being his biggest advocate, and his biggest fan. I love that he is my most important responsibility, unlike any that I've ever had, or ever will have. I love it!

Smooches - I steal about 500 a day, and I'm not really exaggerating. I love to kiss his toes, his belly, his nose, and his scrumptious cheeks. I simply can never get enough. I will be very upset when he's 10, and doesn't allow 500 a day anymore...

Motherhood for me, is like having that last empty part of me filled to the brim. It's an amazing feeling. I wouldn't trade it in for the world, even with all of this extra stuff that I didn't sign up for when we decided we wanted to dive into parenthood. It makes it all the more rewarding and worthwhile... I highly recommend it...

Tag... you're it... it's your turn! AJ's Awesome Adventure, Ordinary Miracles, Our Journey, Loving Lily, and Say What?. I love the perspective that these moms have... (but please feel no obligation....)

9 comments:

Julia said...

LOVE the picture! (I love newborns.) And I'm with you on the smooches -- fortunately Ben likes to be kissed, but it's not as if I give him a choice in the matter.

AJ's Mom said...

What a great picture! And yes, I have a feeling getting kisses from Mommy at 10 years old will not be "cool". ;) He's such a HAM! And YAY! You tagged me! Workin' on it!!

kristine N said...

That's a great list--I'm not nearly as far into the parenting adventure, but I totally agree with you on all of them, especially the cuddling. When I get home from work Sylvia just starts bouncing, impatient as can be until I come and pick her up for a hug. It's so wonderful to be so loved. I'm going to miss that when she's a teenager, too.

Kel said...

I'm with you on ALL of these. As difficult as it is, I love being his advocate, knowing that I can, and will, go to bat for him and do everything he needs me to do. And oh my gosh, that excitement! I will never get enough of their excitement to see me, both my boys. I'm in an airport but will play along tomorrow!

Susannah said...

yay! love it! so fun that you played along...and i LOVE your lucas list! yes- 500 kisses sounds about right :)

Bill and Shelly said...

What a great idea. I love getting kisses from my kids. Jared is getting to the age when it is not "cool" to kiss your mom, but I still get them at night before he goes to bed. Allison will still give me kisses and Jordan is just starting, you know those wide open wet kisses.:-)
I saw your post on Drew's site, if you do work something out with them to meet, let me know. We live in Columbus also and would love to meet you and Lucas.

tammy said...

LUUUVVV your list! Isn't being a mommy the best! I'm always behind on my blogs, but tonight is catch up, so I'll be playing along! How fun!

Jenny- Sienna's mom said...

Thanks for commenting on our blog. I love following you and Lucas' journey, how exciting!

Lily's Mom said...

I hadn't noticed that you tagged me. I just totally missed it. I'll work on my list. It might be a little while because we have lots of appointments at Children's coming up and the end of the school year too. I teach first grade. I'm soooo looking forward to the summer with my sweet baby girl.