Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I haven't posted in about a week, because we've been on vacation. But, after 15 hours of traveling yesterday, we're home! (it wasn't supposed to take that long) We flew to sunny San Diego, California for my college roommate's wedding. It was a very magical weekend (for her too!), and was definitely the best wedding I've ever been to. The ceremony and reception took place outside next to the harbor in Oceanside, CA.


We went sans, sin, ohne, otherwise known as *without* Lucas. It was the first time that we've left him for more than an overnight stint. We left on Thursday, and by Saturday, I was pretty homesick for my baby. We still had a great time, but I think a weekend is long enough to be away. But, we were definitely going to maximize our time since we traveled so far.

In addition to bachelor/bachelorette festivities, the welcome dinner, and the wedding, we also managed to visit Old Town San Diego, La Jolla, Del Mar, the San Diego Wild Animal Park, the Oceanside Pier, and drive on the scenic Route 101. Oh yeah, and eat really, really good Mexican food every day, no joke. I couldn't get enough.

Lucas spent time with both sets of grandparents while we were gone, and seemed to do just fine. He was very upset tonight though when I was trying to put him to bed. Every time we would transition - bath to room, getting dressed to reading books, then turning the lights out to go to bed, he would start a very pouty cry, with a fat bottom lip and all, unlike he's ever done for me at bedtime. I think he's afraid I'm going to leave him again. That makes me sad. We won't be leaving him again any time soon.

On Friday, my mom sent me these cute pics!



Let's just say that I really love southern California. And, I'm hoping that my next visit is next summer, with Lucas, to the John Tracy Clinic in Los Angeles, an oral deaf school with a free summer session for children ages 2-5. I can really get my Mexican food fix then, when we're there for 3 weeks! We'll see what happens... I'm still in the dreaming-about-it phase...

2 comments:

leah said...

What a great trip! We miss California so much, especially the Mexican food. It is SO good out there!! Maybe we'll see you at the JTC summer session- we're planning on doing it in the summer of 2010, too. It's supposed to be a great program!!

kristine N said...

I hope you get to go to sunny CA for the summer! When you're there you'll have to take a trip down to San Diego, where I should be living by then.