Saturday, May 9, 2009

all in a day at the park...

I just love that it's finally warm enough outside to spend lots of time there! So, I've been taking Lucas to the park as much as possible. Our favorite park is Lititz Springs Park, but we have to drive there. It's perfect because it has equipment geared toward little ones, a huge sand area and a creek that runs right through the middle, complete with ducks. (we do LOTS of quacking...)

But, alas... we only have one car, and I don't always have it. Luckily we live in town, and both work at the same school that's about 6 blocks away. Lucas's daddy walks to school frequently, and on the other days, Lucas and I make do. There are also 2 very nice parks with playgrounds within walking distance, one that I just found this morning. The one is more suited to little ones, but both have baby swings!

This morning Lucas's daddy had a meeting in Harrisburg, so Lucas and I set out for a walk, and I thought I remembered there was one close by, so we decided to check it out. On the way, we passed a bunch of garage sales (and I thought I was going to have to skip a week)! I found this for $2.

It's an Elmo sprinkler! Now, if only Lucas could run through it... yup, he's still not walking. But, he's trying, so hopefully soon.

I also figured out today that I don't have to take Lucas's ear completely off to go down the plastic slide, but rather just pop off the coil. I had just put on a fresh piece of wig tape this morning, and I didn't want to take it off, so I didn't!

Hope you're enjoying the spring weather, just like we are!

2 comments:

leah said...

What a cool park (the one with the train)! My boys would be in HEAVEN with a park that had a train running through it! I absolutely love summer and all the fun activities that come along with the warm weather.

AJ's Mom said...

Love the Elmo sprinkler!!!