Sunday, February 15, 2009

oh, oh, it's magic!!

When Lucas was about 7 months old, we thought he was making a little bit of progress with his hearing aids. When I would put them in in the morning, he would immediately vocalize, like in the following video, "hearing aid magic:"


It occurred to me the other day, that he's doing the same thing with his cochlear implant! When he wakes up in the morning, he's quiet until I "turn his ear" on. This time, it's "cochlear implant magic!" You might find the most amusing part of the video to be me chasing Lucas to attach the coil. It was hard to do with one hand while I was trying to see if I could catch it on video... this time I KNOW he's hearing! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mom to Toes said...

Oh, good heavens, he is adorable!!!

And he is responding so well. It is so amazing.

Magic, indeed!

Melanie said...

Love this! I chase Peas around like this all the time. Glad to hear he is doing so well.