Thursday, June 11, 2009

AB Webinar

silly goose!
I participated in an Advanced Bionics Webinar (web seminar) today. The webinar was called Tools for Toddlers - Supporting Infants and Toddlers with Hearing Loss & a Cochlear Implant. What a great decision! It coincided perfectly with Lucas's nap, and I was able to sit right at my computer and participate!

The first interesting fact that I learned, is that hearing loss is the most frequently ocurring birth defect, and is the number one disability in the world. Wow, I really didn't know that.

I found lots of great resources on The Hearing Journey, such as the meal mats activity, and many downloadable songs, such as "High Chair."

If you're interested in this or future webinars, visit the eLearning Library at www.bionicear.com.

Did anyone else participate? Does anyone know whether Cochlear Corp. does this kind of event too?

1 comment:

Kel said...

Oh gosh, I wish I'd known - I would have loved to participate! Sounds great!